Sunday, May 06, 2007

I did have other things to post

I need to write this on the blog before I forget all about it...

On Wednesday, May 2nd, Morgan rolled over from her belly to her back. Yes, at almost 14 months, she finally did it!! She can roll over from her back to her belly in her crib because she has assistance of the rails, but it is so frustrating, because she won't roll herself back over and then she screams until we go and turn her on her back again. The other day it took me 1.5 hours before she finally fell asleep for her nap because of this.

Therapy is still going well, although the therapist is NOT happy with her butt scoot. She said that if she continues to do that for a long period of time, the bone growth in her knees and hips will grow funny and she will have problems in the future. I'm a little nervous about what she said, but I really don't know how to stop her from butt scooting. She's perfected it very well and can get anywhere fast now. We are working on giving her tummy time a LOT during the day, but she gets pissed if I prevent her from moving around the room now. The PT says that there isn't much you can do about it, but we just need to get her focused on the rolling over, and transitioning from sitting to standing, pulling herself up on stuff, so she can work on walking. And that is what we are trying to do, but I can't be on her all day. I've got to get things done and I do have another child to look after too, so it's tough to give my 100% focus on Morgan.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Choppzs said...

That's so great, another milestone for Morgan!!

Baby Boy just started getting up on his knees finally. He's pulling himself up on the furniture and tables, but wont go from knees to feet without someone holding out their hands to him! He'll just throw himself on the ground and scream till someone helps him. Sounds just like Morgan!! lol So now we put whatever he wants on the tables so he HAS to get up there to get them. Then we got him an exersaucer and i give him a time limit each day to sit in it and use his leg muscles to strengthen them! It doesn't seem like much, but he's a slow progressor too!

I know Morgan will get it. It sounds like you are as frustrated as I am. And if I hear one more person ask me if he is walking yet, or why he isn't walking yet, I think I will kill someone. I am sick of people comparing him to their kids and saying "oh well don't kids usually walk by now??" Oh shut the hell up!! lol

Good for Morgan!!!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Go Morgan! I'm sure she'll progress from the butt scoot. The therapist sounds a little paranoid to me. :P By the way, I tagged you for a meme. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home