Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Gary and I didn't do much of anything this New Year's Eve. We sat at home and our friends came over and played some cards. Gary and I didn't do to well while playing cards, but it was still a lot of fun! We made it to midnight and actually stayed up later--2:00 in the morning. You would think we were some kind of party animals. It really sucked this morning because we still had to get up with our little girl.

2004 was a great year. It will always be a year I remember because that was the year that Alyssa was born.

To start off our New Year, today, Gary and I went looking for a new car. Yeah, we knew that hardly any places were open today, but that is what makes it the best time. No one bugs you while you are looking! It would have been a pain anyway to test drive anything since we had Alyssa with us. We will do that in a week or so when one of our parents can watch Alyssa for a few hours. We are having a hard time deciding on what to get. We both want something that isn't going to cost us a lot more than what we are currently paying. And we both know that we won't get a 2005. (We definitely can't afford that). We would like to get an SUV. But, we have tossed the idea of a minivan around. Yes, a minivan! I know that I have said on a number of occasions that I would never buy a minivan, unless I had three or more kids -- or at least two, never just one! But, they are cheaper than SUVs and they are better on gas than SUVs. I just can't picture myself in one. I kept drifting my eyes back to an SUV. I always make everything so hard for myself. Does anyone have any opinions for me? This is a really hard decision for me. (Although, no one should be shocked, because I thought picking out a Halloween costume was a hard decision).

Anyway, that was how my day was spent. We went and visited with another friend of ours after the car hunt was over. Their son is 4 and he is such a character to watch and play with.

I hope that everyone had a great New Year's Day and has a very prosperous 2005!

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Christina said...

personally, I'm all for the minivan. I want one now (pouts and stamps foot). My husband said he would rather die first than be seen driving a minivan. I told him fine, he can ride in the back while I drive...lol. My mother is a big fan and has had one for many, many years. They're great vehicles. Especially the ones where the seats are removable, easy to store and carry large items...like new furniture, yippee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home