Friday, January 07, 2005

Assessment

Alyssa had her P/T assessment today. The Physical therapist talked with me about everything Alyssa is doing and everything she isn't doing. She basically said that Alyssa is a very smart girl. (Thank you, I already knew that). But she has no desire or motivation to want to do the developmental stages that she needs to be doing. She wants me to reverse time and really focus on tummy time again. She suggested a toy that lays on the floor with water and toys inside with the water. Alyssa might be fooled into staying on her stomach to play with this toy. (I think I know the outcome of this one, but we will try everything that the doc tells us to). She also suggested putting the boppy pillow under her and that may fool her into spending time on her tummy also. (Tried it before, but always willing to try it again). She wants me to make sure we reoccuringly put her back on her stomach. It is OK for her to get irritated, frustrated and mad, but it is not OK to let her cry and scream.

We will work hard at least 3 times a day on these exercises and will go back in two weeks to evaluate her progress. God, please let there be progress, P/T isn't cheap!

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I hope all of this works out. I'm sure she'll be fine. She could be my baby...lack of motivation to do the things she shold? Sounds like me...LOL

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...Victoria (HopeTheyDance) from BBC.
I hope everything works out well. I remember my son HATED tummy time. Ther ewas NO WAY that kid was going to crawls ever....but eventually he did.

I have heard of that water toy - I want one.

What may work...and this will be messy..but is laying her down on a LARGE sheet of paper and placing pudding (colored) in front of her to paint with??it is messy, but gushy and colorful and great for sensory development also. Just an idea.

I pray she will surprise you all at her next appointment..I will check you blog for updates. Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful mommy you are.

V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home