Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Spending all of our $$$

The last couple days we have spent a lot of money. But, we are so happy with our two (yes, only two) purchases we made over the last couple of days.

Purchase #1: A dining room table. When we walked in the furniture store and I saw the price tag on a table that I really liked and I said to Gary "no way are we spending that on this table". After looking at a few other tables, Gary pointed another one out he liked. The salesperson came to our aid and said that it was one of 3 tables on a great New Year's special. When I asked what other two tables were also on sale, he pointed out the table that I first saw. Gary and I knew it was meant to be. I love it. I am so excited. The table we have is over 15 years old that my mom gave to us when we moved in together. It was a great table, but it has definitely lived its life. Especially since we were down to only three chairs.

Purchase #2: An SUV. Yes, an SUV. We have carefully did our research on the different kinds and actually got an awesome deal on a 2002 Ford Explorer. I love it! And the best part is we are only paying $10.00 more a month for an SUV that we are going to buy. The last CAR we had we were leasing. I don't understand the math on that one, other than I think we got taken for a couple of idiots about 4 years ago. Not this time!! We will still keep the car until the lease is up which is in about a month.

Thank you, Christina, for your thoughts on a minivan. I know a lot of people tell me they love their vans and swear by them. We really got a great deal on this SUV that Gary and I both wanted and we couldn't pass it up. It still has a lot of storage room in the back to haul things. We may have to think about the minivan next time around, depending on how many kids we have by then.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Oh I am green with envy. We've needed a new dining room table forever. I absolutely LOVE the one you guys got. Jealous isn't the word to describe me right now. Explorers are nice family cars. Congrats on both of your major purchases!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home