Friday, January 14, 2005

2004

The year in review

This was stolen. Thanks to Kether who got it from The Unproductive Reproductive who took it from Journey Woman.

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? I became a mom for the first time in 2004.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I had any new year's resolutions last year, and if I did, then I probably didn't keep them.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, soon to be sister-in-law gave birth to my beautiful nephew Benjamin on May 4th. My dear friend, Dawn had a beautiful baby girl, Brianna on December 18th.

Did anyone close to you die? No, thanks goodness!!

What countries did you visit? Didn't go out of the country this past year.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? Hmmm, I can't think of anything that lacked.

What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Of course March 29th as that was the day that my beautiful, wonderful, perfect baby girl was placed into my arms and thus began my journey as a mother.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming the mom I always hoped that I would be.

Did you suffer illness or injury? No. Only giving birth, which was not as bad as I had always imagined it would be. (And my epidural didn't work). I guess you really do forget labor.

What was the best thing you bought? Well, we bought Alyssa's bedroom set in the beginning of 2004. We also put some extra cabinets up in the utility room and kitchen. Much needed, and already running out of space.

Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband who has become a wonderful daddy. And my mom who has been there for me everyday.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My mother in law who didn't want to help at all for my baby shower. It was very upsetting.

Where did most of your money go? Alyssa -- and loving every cent of it spent!!

What did you get really, really, really excited about? The moment the doctor told me that our baby was a girl.

What song will always remind you of 2004? I love music and all types of music, but don't ask me what the names of them are or who sings them.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Income -- Poorer (only work PT now), but in love and family much richer!!

What do you wish you'd done more of? I wish I would have done more watching what I eat (after Alyssa was born, of course).

What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying!

How will you be spending New Year's? Well, since it is now over, I spent it with another couple and we played cards.

Did you fall in love in 2004? Yes, with our daughter, Alyssa and every day I love her more than the last. She is such an amazing blessing to our family.

How many one-night stands? Ummmm....don't think so....I am married!!!

What was your favorite TV program? I am a reality TV junkie. But on the non-reality side, CSI (original Vegas only) and Without a Trace seem to be the two that I make sure I watch every week!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I honestly don't have a reason to hate anyone.

What was the best book you read? Jemima J by Jane Green was an excellent book!!

What did you want and get? A healthy baby and to work part time so I can be home to raise her.

What did you want and not get? I got everything I wanted.

What was your favorite film of this year? I don't know, we buy movies like crazy and I can't believe that one doesn't stick out of the top of my head. I guess I will go with the Baby Einstein!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to dinner with a bunch of friends, Gary and Alyssa. I turned 26.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Can't think of anything.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? I am now a mom who would rather have her child in fabulous clothes and I will keep those ratty jeans and T-Shirts.

What kept you sane? My husband, my mom and Alyssa.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I guess I never really thought about this one too much, so I really don't know.

What political issue stirred you the most? I am not very political.

Who did you miss? My family who lives in Atlanta Georgia. I can't wait to take a trip to see them so they can meet Alyssa.

Who was the best new person you met? "Meeting" the wonderful world of blogging and blogger friends. You guys are great!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004? That there isn't anything that is as satisfying as a great family. No amount of money or material things can replace the love shared by a family.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Oh my, back to the music......

Alright, I cannot think of anything and I will be here all night if I try....so the only thing that comes to mind is the song that Alyssa loves for me to sing to her:

"Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

You know that rest :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home