Monday, June 27, 2005

What a weekend

First I wanted to say thanks to Melissa for naming me blog of the day. I feel very special!

My weekend was very busy!! It started on Friday with a pool trip and going to the mall for a friend to get her daughter's ears pierced. She kept trying to convince me to get Alyssa's ears pierced, but I just couldn't do it. I am way too much of a nervous mom right now. When Alyssa gets mad, she always pulls on her ears. I worry that she would pull those earrings right out. I also remember when I got to choose to go and get my ears pierced. Even though I was only 8, it felt so grown up to be able to make the decision to do something to my body. It would be nice for Alyssa to get that same feeling.

Friday evening we went to a friends son's birthday party. He turned 5. It is amazing how fast time flies by. I remember seeing him in the hospital when he was first born.

Saturday I cleaned my house and went to the pool again with my mom. My mom and I had a conversation about her thoughts on relocating to Georgia. I started to cry when I told her how I can't imagine her not being there for Alyssa growing up. She told me that while Georgia isn't completely out of their thoughts, that the chances of them moving there are very slim. She said my stepdad hasn't even looked at the classifieds or real estate ads yet, so that makes her think he isn't serious about it right now.

Saturday evening I went to a batchelorette party for my cousin. The night started great, but ended not so well. Our last stop was to the downtown area to a danceclub (fun). 2:30 (am - yes, I couldn't believe I made it), we called our limo to come and get us and the driver informs us the bus has broken down. Now this driver is a friend of my uncle's (cousin's dad). We patiently waited on the curb of downtown Cleveland until 3:30 when the limo was fixed and came to get us. This was after numerous calls to different dads and taxi companies, but I really wasn't involved and I didn't want to be. I just wanted to go home. Halfway home, my cousin says that she can't find her cell phone. Someone says that she probably left it on the curb. So, we turn around, go back downtown and get her cell phone (it was there, thank god). Then on the way home again, my cousin now gets sick. So, we had to pull the limo bus over and let her get sick. I ended up not getting home until 4:30.

7:30 am Sunday morning - Gary's alarm goes off. He says that he talked to a friend and they are going golfing. You have got to be kidding me, 3 hours of sleep after drinking all night and I have to wake up with Alyssa. GREAT! And of, course she was up by 8:00.

I got ready for the cookout in the morning. By 12:30, Gary, Alyssa and I went to this open house thing my friend was having for a new business she is venturing into. By 3:30 we were home and preparing for my family to come for the cookout. The cookout was great. Alyssa got to play with her cousin. They are just too cute together, even when they are stealing each other's toys. They are coming again on Wednesday to go swimming...Yay!!

Last night I was pooped! And then I had to work today until 1! I am still pooped.

Today is Gary's birthday. He is the big 28! He was really hoping for Alyssa to walk for his birthday present.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY, I LOVE YOU!! I hope that you have a wonderful day, (we will forget about you getting called out for work). I hope that you liked your present (new golf bag and golf balls) from Alyssa and I.

Wow, this was a very long post. I hope that if you are a new visitor, you made it though. Well, actually I hope all my old visitors made it through too!

6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Hi! I'm a new visitor from Melissa's site. :) And yes, I made it through. lol...You have a very nice blog. Happy birthday to your hubby! I hope you have a wonderful time together.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to your DH. I hope for your sake your mom doesn't move to Georgia. If she does though she will be in good company :( My mom moved to Georgia to be with her new husband a month after I found out I was pregnant with Chip. It's hard having her so far away.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ARGH, doesn't your dh know that the morning after a bachelorette party is automatically daddy duty?! At least you didn't ride any mechanical bulls!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger lainielou said...

I agree with Laina! No golf on the morning after Mom's been out!

I feel your pain, Linda. Everytime I go out, the kids get up extra early the next day.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Me said...

I made it through too! Happy birthday to your hubby! Sounds like the bachelortte party was a blast until the end :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Gary!
Sounds like a wild weekend. Hope you've recovered!
Glad I made you feel special!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home