Thursday, November 01, 2007

And the time just keep ticking...

I'm here for my monthly update...well, actually I'm even late on that! LOL!

In my crazy, hectic life...what's going on??

Alyssa - She is growing up so fast! She is still loving pre-school, even though she doesn't tell me much about it. When I pick her up, I always ask if she had fun. "Yes". Then I ask "what did you do today?" Her response "can I do this, can I have that, can we go here or there??" She never answers any of my questions. Sometimes if I ask a specific question such as "did you make a pumpkin today" she'll respond with "yes" or was there a birthday today and she'll tell me who's birthday it was. But she won't have that conversation about the day with me yet.

So, today I'm talking to another mom and she asks me about the "weather song" they sing in preschool. I said "I have no idea what you are talking about because Alyssa only tells me they sing the ABC song. When we got home I asked Alyssa what other songs they sing and if they sing a song about the weather. She then reciets to me word for word, the entire pledge of alligence. I almost hit the floor. So, she kept saying it over and over again for a while and we showed daddy what she knew. Then I asked her if there was a song about the weather and FINALLY she sang me the song about the weather. I was so impressed! I just wish she'd voulenteer what she learned or what she does at school.

We are working on a big girl chart for her to help her stay dry throughout the night. Last week we started great, and then I let her graduate to wearing undies at night and we had 3 nights in a row with accidents. So, we are back in pull-ups for bed, but this week, she's got 4 stickers!! I told her if she gets a sticker for every day of the week (7 days in a row), she'd get a big surprise!!

Morgan - Oh my gosh, Morgan is SO different than Alyssa ever was!! She is into everything. She can be such a little stinker. She wants to do EVERYTHING that Alyssa is doing.

She screams for Alyssa everytime she wakes up in the morning or from nap. She loves to tell me NO! She loves to sing songs and her favorite show is Jacks Big Music Show. Actually that is the ONLY show she will sit and watch! She is always on the go now! She has a set of lungs on her like you wouldn't believe. Whew...that girl can SCREAM! She screams A LOT too. Like if Alyssa take something aways, she screams. If something frustrates her, she screams. If she doesn't get her way, she screams.

She's been interested in letters. We have letters all over the place. We have those fridge magnets and we have letters for the tub. She has her name over her changing table. So, she'll point at a letter and she'll say another letter. Like she looks at a "B", but will say "I". It cracks me up, because she thinks she's so right. Then I'll correct her and say "no, it's an I" and she'll look at me and repeat "I" as if that's what she said to begin with.

She's also telling me when she pooped and asks to be changed. She takes me to the potty and says "poopy, potty". I'm not ready for this at all. I'm totally fine changing diapers (for her).

We all had a blast going trick or treating. Alyssa was Cinderella and Morgan was Minnie Mouse.

Morgan really got into it and even said "treat" and "ank ou" for getting candy. She'd tell Alyssa to "come on" if she was behind her. She was really interested in her loot, even though there were only a few things we could let her keep for herself.

I know I'd like to post pictures here, but I've just been so busy I haven't downloaded any into photobucket. Hopefully I'll get some up soon!!

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kether said...

is Morgan really almost two? Omigosh where does time go?

Pictures!

And congrats on your weightloss. You're AWESOME

 

Post a Comment

<< Home