Friday, July 01, 2005

Bad News and Good News

The bad news is that my step-grandmother passed away the other day. Today was the calling hours and tomorrow is the funeral. I haven't been to many wakes or funerals, so this whole thing really makes me uncomfortable. I don't know if it gets any better, but I know that my step-grandma was definitely suffering and she is now in a better place.

The good news is that my soon to be sister-in-law and my stepbrother are expecting their next baby in August. They asked me tonight if I would be Kaylie's godmother. I was so touched, I seriously almost cried. It really made me feel so good that they would choose me.

5 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Me said...

I'm so sorry about your step grandmother, but how great that you get to be a godparent. I'm the godparent to THREE little ones! That's craziness, but I love it!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Dottie said...

So sorry about your step grandmother.

Congrats on becoming a godmother!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear about your step-grandmother!

That's great about being asked to be godmother though :)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sorry about your step-grandmother. I hope everything goes well with the funeral (I get nervous at funerals).
How exciting about the baby!!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I'm sorry about your step-grandma. I'm also sorry it took this long for me to say I'm sorry. I read this post days ago and completely forgot to comment. Sheesh!
Congrats on the godparent gig, you'll be great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home