Tuesday, July 05, 2005

It's Interview Time!!

It's my turn for an Interview. Heather was the lucky one who I asked to be interviewed by.

The Official Interview Game Rules

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

1. Say your mother DOES end up moving to Georgia. Would you be able to move there? Would you consider moving there? Why or why not?

Big sigh...IF my mom does move to Georgia, I will probably be a basket case for a while. Probably a long while. This is a hard question....I would want to move there because my mom is there. It would be nice because there already is a base group of my mom's family already living there. BUT...we have so much here. We just bought a house 3 1/2 years ago. We just started our family here. My dad lives here, my sister, my step-brothers, my nephew (and soon to be niece/goddaughter). Gary's parents are here and our friends that we grew up with. That would be very, very hard to leave.

I loved Georgia. I don't know if I loved it because I was a visitor, but it seemed so beautiful to me. The houses seemed very reasonable for some beautiful homes. The job market is a million times better than Cleveland AND you make more. It does seem very appealing, but I am a creature of habit. Change scares me and moving to Georgia would terrify me.

So, I guess I didn't really answer your question, because I honestly don't know. Even if my mom did move. I wouldn't be following her that soon. It would be a while.

2. What has been the most challenging part of being a mother? What has been the most rewarding?

The most challenging part of being a mother is adapting to everything. At first we dealt with colic. That was the worst 3 months of her life, but we adapted. After that, it would still be the communicating aspect. She isn't able to tell me when she is sick or hungry or frustrated or tired. Especially the frustrated part. She will often times throw temper tantrums when she gets frustrated and I have a hard time figuring out what she really wants. Plus the aspect that she is a super independent little person and doesn't really want my help. That is hard for me to adjust to the fact that she would rather do it herself and not need her mommy to help. I keep thinking I am in big trouble when she gets older.

The most rewarding is having this little person who gets so excited everytime she figures something out. Her laughs and when she learns something new. I know that I had a help in that because I am her mom and I helped teach her most of those things. I almost cried when she figured out where her belly was. I was THAT proud!! And I love getting kisses. Those are pretty rewarding way of letting me know that she loves me and I must be doing something right!

3. I like movies, and sometimes feel the movie relates to me in sooo many ways. What movie/character in a movie would you relate to yourself and why?

This is so hard because I am not good at remembering a movie on cue. Same with quotes and songs....so I have to think....Ok, now I have finished all my other interview questions and still am stuck on this one....

Seriously this was way too hard of a question, so if I have to describe myself in a nutshell here it is (for you movie buffs, find a movie that suits me...LOL)

I am a pretty outgoing girl. I think I get along with just about everyone! I usually will bend over backwards for just about anyone.

I have a sarcastic sense of humor. Some love it or hate it, but it's me and I continue to be sarcastic. I usually know when enough is enough and almost never push it over the edge for I would fear someone's feelings getting hurt.

I have a temper! Most people don't know this about me, but it is brutal. I fear that this temper has genetically drained to Alyssa, as she throws the best tantrums until she gets her way (um, just like her mom...).

I am outgoing person. I love to get out and do things. I love to be busy. I love having a lot on my plate. It makes me feel good about myself.

I am anal. Everything is particular to me and I lose it when things are not the way they should be. I like things to be perfect.

4. When do you think you'll plan on having more children? How many more do you want?

Well, it is possible that I could have another child at any time now, but I have been somewhat preventing that. I am nervous, as I have written in the past. If it were to happen this month, my children would be exactly 2 years apart, and that makes me feel a little better. I was nervous about 2 under 2. Ideally I think I would like to wait a few more months, so I can hopefully lose a little more weight and then won't have to buy another crib and Alyssa can transition into a "big girls room".

Growing up, I always wanted 2 children, but after Alyssa was born, for some reason I wanted 3, but now leaning more towards 2 again. At this point there are a few factors. If we have another girl, we may have a third, in hopes for a boy. It also depends on my age. I personally don't want a third too far into my 30's. (I know lots of people do it, but that just isn't me).

5. In the archives of your blog, you made a list of goals: Jan. 05 to get a new car, Feb. 05 get the huge, ugly tree down , April/May 05-start committing to the garage, July 05 to have lost 48lbs. Which of these goals have you completed and which aren't completed and why!?

Wow, you dug that one up!! And shame on me for forgetting about writing that!! Well, let's see...

Jan 05 - get a new car - Yes, we did that. We bought a 2002 Black Ford Explorer. We are actually buying this car as opposed to leasing (like last time) and we are only paying $8.00 more a month. I am very happy with our purchase! I love it.

Feb 05 - get the huge, ugly tree down - Yes, we did this, but it was in April. We waited for our tax return because it cost mucho dinero to get that damn thing down. We are still in the midst of getting rid of the mulch that came with grinding that stump. 2 truckloads, 15 yard waste bags and there is still a TON! Does anyone need mulch...anyone? anyone?

April / May 05 - start committing to a garage - We are really trying to start to commit to this garage now. We bought a book of plans that we need to go through, pick one out and order. We need to get the city to approve it and we need to get a loan. My new goal is to have concrete laid by the end of July!

July 05 - Lose 48 lbs - I haven't re-read my post, but I am sure I calculated it and it was very reachable when I wrote it, but sadly, no, I haven't accomplished this goal. This weight it the hardest thing in my life I struggle with. Food is my weakness and has recently become my enemy. I really need to start watching what I friggin' eat. I am good at exercising, bad at eating. Better food choices. If I could afford it, Weight Watchers would probably be my best bet.

Heather, this was a lot of fun and pretty tough! Sorry it was so long!

4 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those were great answers, Linda! You will lose the weight, you just have to think positive. And post with the FABs!! Where have you been anyway?

(Yes, Heather, I am such a bad team captain that I have resorted to blogstalking my team to get them to post.)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Christina said...

see, that's why I didn't join the FABs. I cannot lose weight to save my life (wait that sounds weird).

I knew we were friends for a reason, you are so like me! And our daughters are like twins seperated at birth. LOL

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I loved reading this. Goals are a funny thing. I should list mine in a sidebar so I can cross them off when and if I ever do them.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

try atkins
i lost 10 in 1 week

 

Post a Comment

<< Home