Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I have to admit, this hurt my feelings

Let me start with the fact that Alyssa has yet to call me MOM. No mama, ma, mom or mommy!

The other day I went to get her out of her crib and Alyssa is saying "HI DIDA". She couldn't be saying "Hi, Linda", could she?!?

Alyssa does use the "D" sound for a lot of words. Obviously there is dad or daddy. Then she uses ditty (for kitty) and didi (for baby). Gary and I always say MOM or MAMA or MOMMY around her. She has to hear that way more than she would hear me being called Linda. It sucks and it kind of hurts my feelings.

It doesn't help that everyone else thinks it is funny and now eggs Alyssa on. Well, that isn't going to teach her any better, and my MIL made the comment that she couldn't believe Alyssa wasn't saying mama yet. How is that supposed to make me feel?

Part of me thinks that maybe she is so darn smart that she knows that I want so badly for her to say mama that she decided she would piss me off and say Linda first. If this is any indication to how it is going to be in the future, I am in BIG trouble!!!!

7 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I was pretty upset a few weeks ago about not ever being called mommy, and about a week later, I heard it a few times and felt better. But, like you, I also started hearing what I think is my son trying to call me Melissa...sounds more like Di-da, but definitely has a Melissa ring to it. Kids....

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

I am sorry to hear that your feelings are hurt. I hope Alyssa starts calling you by your real Mommy name soon ;) Hang in there!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Lexie still won't say mama either. When I ask her to say mama she yells Daddy! Talk about hurt feelings, the little brat.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I used to be sooo jealous of how often Chip as a baby said dada and rarely said mama. I make you one pledge .. by the time she is 3 you will have heard, "Mama Mama Mama" so many times that you will wonder why you ever wished her to learn it. Then you will threaten to change your name hehe. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings though. I have been there and it does get better!!!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jewl said...

Don't get your feeling hurt. She will say it... She is just being a turkey like my Em! LOL... Tell your MIL to mind her own buisness!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Me said...

Don't feel bad, I'm sure I'll feel the same way if Gracie does that to me. She'll be saying it before you know it!

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son is 14.5 months old and does NOT say, Momma or any other variation of that to me. He mostly babbles and I can pick up words here and there, but nothing that refers to me in anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home